[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 13:00:52 -0600

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

Once again the first Thursday of the month approaches and we are getting ready for our next round of CERT training.  Our excellent Murray Fire Department staff will be presenting the CERT training session number three this Thursday, October 6th, starting promptly at 6:30 PM.  As usual, this meeting will be held at the Murray Fire Station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (35 W).

If you happened to have missed CERT training class number one, you have an opportunity to make it up TODAY, Tuesday, October 4th at station 81 at 6:30 PM.  CERT training class number two will also be offered again next Tuesday, October 11th.  You do not have to take the classes in order, so you could still join us this Thursday for class number three if you plan to make up class number two next week.

Prior to the meeting on Thursday this week, we will have a brief "check-in" net on our club repeater at 223.96 MHz (tone 103.5 Hz).  This net gives us an opportunity to make sure our equipment is properly configured for the frequencies that we expect to use in an emergency situation, so join us if you can.  The net usually only takes a few minutes, so if you're late, go ahead and throw out your callsign and see if anyone is still around.

Hope to see you all at the meeting!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--