[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: "Jan (KD7ZWV)" <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:27:26 -0600

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

   Upcoming Meeting Topic

This week, MARC's general monthly meeting will be devoted to reviewing the Salt Lake County ARES Standard Operating Guidelines (SOG) and determining what aspects we want to adopt for a MARC SOG.

If you are not familiar with what a SOG is, it is a document that describes and defines what we, as an organization, do and how we do it.  MARC is in a unique position, supporting communications in Murray City as part of our relationship with the fire department, but also providing an education resource to a much wider area, so there are likely to be overlaps between our SOG and SLCo ARES's SOG, but also significant differences.  If you want a voice in what goes into the MARC SOG, or you just want a better understanding of what the SLCo SOG and SOGs in general are, you will want to attend this meeting.  A link to the current SLCo ARES SOG is at the end of this message.

If you have no idea what SLCo ARES is, please check out their web site here: http://slcoares.org/home/

   Meeting Information (Time/Date/Location/Zoom)

Our meeting will be this Thursday, 19 October 2023, at 6:30 PM MDT (yes, we're still on daylight savings time).  We will meet at Murray Fire Department #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (35 W).  Immediately prior to the meeting, at 6:00 PM, we will have a brief "check-in" net on 147.600 MHz simplex (no tone, no offset). Note that this net generally goes very very quickly, so if you tune in at 6:02, you'll probably have missed it.  If you tune in and don't hear anybody, go ahead and throw out your call sign and see if anyone is still around.

The meeting will also be shared via Zoom.  If you are unable to join us in person, please consider joining the Zoom session. Everyone is welcome and your comments are valued.  Remember, this is YOUR club, so please participate.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84537731183?pwd=cTdvVTJCZjA0Rk5zbEVqa3l2cDNvUT09
Meeting ID: 845 3773 1183
Passcode: amateur

If you need a dial-up number for the meeting, or you would like a calendar invite, please let me know.

   Additional Information

You can review SLCo ARES's SOG here: http://slcoares.org/webfiles/SLCoARES_SOG_FINALDRAFT.pdf

Hope to see you all at the meeting!

73 de KD7ZWV