[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday!

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 00:13:26 -0600

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC:

Once again, our "beginner's topics" meeting is coming up, this *Thursday, 3 August 2023*.  The meeting will begin promptly at 6:30 PM local time and will be held at the Murray Fire Station #81 located at *4848 S Box Elder St (35 W).*  Our glorious leader, Dan (N7XDL) will be presenting on the *Properties of Radio Waves and Propagation Modes*.  This WILL be a beginner's level class, so please do not be intimidated by the title.  It is aimed at people who are studying for the Technician class test, but will be a great refresher for the rest of us.

There will be a brief "check-in" net before the meeting at 6:00 on our club repeater, 223.96 MHz with a 103.5 Hz tone.  If you've got the equipment to operate on the 1.25 m band, please feel free to check in.  This net usually goes very fast and is often finished within a few minutes... if you miss it, go ahead and throw your call out and see if anyone is still around.

I will not be present this week as the 3rd is my and my wife's anniversary... we will be spending some quality time together, but I wish you all a very enjoyable experience.  I do not know if there will be a Zoom session for this meeting, but if I hear that there will, I'll send a follow-up e-mail with the Zoom link for those unable to attend in person.

Hope you all enjoy the learning!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--