[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 17:36:50 -0600

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

Please join us for the MARC Beginner's Topics meeting this Thursday, April 6th, at 6:30 PM.  This week, we will be meeting at Murray Fire Department Station #83 (NOT station #81).  Station #83 is where we used to meet, so if you've been with the club for a while you'll be familiar with it.  If you're new to the club and have never met at station #83 before, you'll find it at 484 W 5900 S, which is just West of I-15 on 5900 S.  We will be meeting in the EOC (Emergency Operations Center), which is located downstairs.  When you come in the main entrance, follow the hallway until you come to the tee-intersection.  Turn left and you'll find both stairs and an elevator on your right.  Head downstairs and you'll find the EOC right across the hall from the stairway/elevator.

Our topic this week is "What Are Repeaters and How Do They Work?" and will be presented by our own Dan (N7XDL).  If you've ever wondered just how repeaters work and why we use them, this class will have all of the answers.

This meeting will be simulcast on Zoom.  The information for the Zoom session is:
Meeting ID: 813 4840 2570
Passcode:  amateur

If you need a dial-in number or a calendar invite for this meeting, let me know and I'll forward it to you.

Immediately prior to the meeting, we'll have a brief check-in net on our club repeater at 223.96 MHz (tone 103.5 Hz).  If you have equipment that will operate on the 1.25m band, please join us... this net is usually very quick, it often doesn't take more than five minutes from start to finish.  If you don't know how to set up your radio for this repeater, bring it to the class and we'll help you get it set up!

Hope to see you all there!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--