[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 00:55:15 -0600

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

Once again, the second Thursday of the month is approaching and we are preparing to meet at the Murray City Fire Department station 81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (35 W) starting at 6:30 PM.  This week we will be celebrating the life of Gordon Smith (K7HFV).  As most of you know, Gordon became a Silent Key (SK) on April 21, 2022.

Anyone who has been on the local repeaters here, particularly the "62" repeater at Farnsworth Peak, has no doubt had the pleasure of a contact with Gordon.  This evening we will begin by watching a recorded memorial for him that took place at Mount Tabor Lutheran Church, where he was a long time member and church organist.  This will be followed by our joining the UARC (Utah Amateur Radio Club) monthly meeting over their Youtube feed as they also celebrate Gordon's life and achievements in the area of amateur radio.

We will not be simulcasting these presentations over Zoom because they are or will be available on the net already.  For the Mount Tabor memorial, please see

https://www.facebook.com/mttaborslc/videos/gordon-smith-memorial-service/311462824477103

and for the UARC meeting, you can join from their channel at

https://www.youtube.com/c/UtahAmateurRadioClub

If you can't join us, please feel free to review these video links at your own convenience.

Prior to the meeting, at 6:00 PM, we will have a brief "check-in" net on 223.440 MHz simplex (no tone or offset).  Again, if you do not have a radio that has the 1.25m band, please consider purchasing one.  The club also has several radios available for events and we will be using them during the upcoming Murray Fun Days parade on July 4th, for which we will again be providing communications.

Hope to see you all there!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--