[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 22:06:40 -0600

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

The time for our "advanced topics" class is rapidly approaching... we will be meeting on Thursday, July 13th, at 6:30 PM MDT.  As usual, we will meet at the Murray Fire Station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (35 W).  The topic of the meeting will be "*The eComms Net*".  We will talk about eComms, types of eComms nets, organizations that you will work with when participating in an eComms net, and things to know as the net control for eComms nets.  If you have any interest in emergency communications, you will want to attend this meeting!

We will have a Zoom session running during the meeting, so if you are unable to join us in person, please consider joining us on Zoom.  We'll also record the session and publish it to Youtube and the club web site afterwards.  The Zoom information is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84321425445?pwd=bkQyVWVjUlU5NHo0SjlHNTlWSzBudz09
Meeting ID: 843 2142 5445
Passcode: amateur

We will also have a brief "check-in" net immediately prior to the meeting at 6:00 PM on 223.440 MHz simplex (no tone, no offset). This is standard load channel 29 if you have the standard load in your radio(s).  If you don't have the standard load (or you've never heard of "the standard load"), you should take a look at the club web page that describes the standard load here: https://www.murrayarc.org/the-standard-load/

Hope to see you all at the meeting!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--