[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday!

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 11:00:55 -0700

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

Once again, the time of our monthly meeting is approaching.  The meeting will be this Thursday, November 17th, and will start promptly at 6:30 PM MST (it's so nice to type MST again... shouldn't "standard" time be the standard?).  It will be at Murray Fire Department Station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (35 W) in Murray.  This week, our illustrious founder, Dan (N7XDL) will be presenting on Tactical Call Signs and their use in Emergency Communications.  This stems from a discussion we had at the close of our CERT training last week (which was very good, btw).

Speaking of the CERT training, it was a very good class and gave us all a lot to think about.  Our fire department representatives have advised that they will be offering the course again in 2023, so if you missed out this time, you'll have another chance soon. Watch this space for an announcement when the new course will be starting.

Don't forget to check in to our pre-meeting "check-in" net, which will be on 147.600 MHz simplex (no tone, no offset), which is standard load channel 31.  The net will start at 6:00 PM and usually only lasts a few minutes for people to quickly check in and confirm that they have programmed their radio correctly.  If you need help programming your radio, bring it to the meeting and someone will help you.

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--
Jan L. Peterson