[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday!

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 17:24:30 -0600

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC,

Once again, the time is approaching for our next club meeting. This week, the time in question will be 6:30 PM MDT on April 13th, 2023.  We will be meeting at Murray Fire Department Station #83 (NOT station 81) in the EOC.  Station #83 is located at 484 W 5900 S, just West of I-15 on the North side of the street.  There is parking on the East side of the station.  The EOC is located downstairs... if you enter the main door, follow the hallway directly in front of you (North).  When you reach the T intersection, turn left.  You'll see the stairs and elevator on your right.  Take either the stairs or elevator down to the lower level, where you'll find the EOC right across the hall.

This week we'll be talking about and planning what MARC is doing in support of the Great Shake Out.  If you don't know what the Great Shake Out is, you can find more information here: https://www.shakeout.org/utah/

Our "check-in" net this week will be on 223.44 MHz (simplex, no tone or offset).  Again, if you do not have a radio that is compatible with the 1.25m band, check out https://www.murrayarc.org/recommended-1-25m-capable-radios/ for some suggestions.  Since MARC's repeater is on the 1.25m band, we encourage all members to have equipment capable of using it.  The "check-in" net will begin at 6:00 PM MDT on the day of the meeting.  These nets usually only last a few minutes, so if you miss it, maybe try throwing your call out on the simplex frequency anyway... someone might still be monitoring and can give you at least a quick signal check.

We will be sharing this meeting via Zoom, so if you can't join us in person, please join us online.  As this will be a general discussion, we'll be looking for interaction from the remote attendees as well as those who are present.  The Zoom information is:

Meeting ID: 894 0164 3432
Passcode: amateur

As usual, if you need a calendar invite for this or dial-in information, please feel free to contact me directly and I'll send it to you ASAP.

Hope to see you all there!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--