[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 00:38:39 -0600

Okay, MARCers and MARCoids, the second Thursday of the month is rapidly approaching and it will soon be time for our "advanced topics" class.  This week, I'm going to talk about the pi-star software and digital radio hotspots for DMR, YSF, D-star, etc.  If you've got a radio that works with one or more of those digital protocols, bring it to the meeting if you can and we'll try to make it work with the hotspot!

The meeting, as usual, will be at Murray Fire Station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (35 W) and will begin promptly at 6:30 PM local time.  Prior to the meeting, we'll have a brief "check-in" net on 223.440 MHz SIMPLEX (no tone, no offset, no repeater, just radio waves flying about from radio to radio) at 6:00 PM.  These check-in nets go pretty fast, so if you're not there right at 6:00, you'll probably miss it.  Go ahead and throw your call sign out... someone might still be around.

Finally, I'll spin up the Zoom for this, but I'm not sure how well it will show what we do.  Dan, if you want to bring your camera, maybe we can cut some live shots into the presentation. The Zoom meeting information is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84321425445?pwd=bkQyVWVjUlU5NHo0SjlHNTlWSzBudz09
Meeting ID: 843 2142 5445
Passcode: amateur

Please feel free to join us virtually if you can't make it in person.  Otherwise, I hope to see you all there!

NOTE:  after the meeting, if you want to stick around and try doing the Winlink Thursday exercise, I'll try to do it with the Pat software... that should be an experience!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--
Jan L. Peterson