[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: "Jan L. Peterson" <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 21:40:32 -0700

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

For those who missed joining us on the Sunday net last evening on the MARC repeater, you missed a very interesting net.  Dan asked each station to try connecting with their lowest power setting, and it was very illuminating how many people were able to effectively reach the repeater on an HT, in their basement, on low power.  Some people, operating from as far away as Draper, were still able to be heard effectively at five Watts.

If you didn't join us, please give it a try this coming Sunday the 14th.  Remember, the MARC repeater is at 223.960 MHz with a negative 1.6 MHz offset and a tone of 103.5 Hz.  If you have the standard load on your radio, you'll find it at memory channel 27.

Now, if you've been attending club meetings recently, you'll know that we have three meetings every month, on the first three Thursdays.  This week that will be on January 11th.  The meeting will be at Murray Fire Department Station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (35 W) and will begin promptly at 6:30 PM.  The meeting will also be accessible on Zoom (information below).  This week, we will be talking about the plans for the Advanced Topics classes (second Thursday classes) for 2024.  I'll be introducing the plans for these lessons and inviting discussion about what topics people would like to explore.

Prior to the meeting, at 6:00 PM, we will have a brief net on 223.440 MHz simplex (no offset or tone), which is standard load channel 29.  Please join us if you can.

Zoom information for this meeting is:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84321425445?pwd=bkQyVWVjUlU5NHo0SjlHNTlWSzBudz09
Meeting ID: 843 2142 5445
Passcode: amateur