[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 17:03:16 -0600

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

Once again it is time for our Murray Amateur Radio Club basic topics class.  This week, we will have a couple of items of discussion.  First, we will review the outcome of the Great Salt Lake Shakeout.  For those not aware, the Shakeout is an annual event where public service groups, businesses, and other organizations participate in a simulated earthquake response. This allows them to practice what they would do in the event of an actual earthquake.  This year, MARC participated by visiting schools in the SAFE Neighborhood program here in Murray and confirming that they had their "JIT" (Just In Time) kits.  We will talk about our findings and also discuss what is in the JIT kit, what the role of the schools is in the event of an emergency, and what our responsibilities as members of MARC are.  We will also review our eComm Procedures guide.

Given that this will likely not take the full time, we will finish by watching a video produced by the Bountiful CERT organization that talks about lessons learned from the Marshall fire in Colorado.  They discuss what people have in their emergency kits and what they are missing.  I have previewed this video and, while they really needed a popper stopper, it's pretty good.

The meeting will be at Fire Station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (35 W) in the community room.  The meeting will begin at 6:30 PM on this Thursday, the 5th of May.  Prior to the meeting, at 6:00 PM, we will have a brief "check-in" net on the MARC repeater at 223.96 MHz (PL 103.5 Hz).

Hope to see everyone there!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--