[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 22:23:20 -0700

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC,

The time has come for us to meet once again at the Murray Fire Station #81 (4848 S Box Elder St [35 W]) at 6:30 PM MST on Thursday, January 6th.  I will be giving a short presentation on the SKYWARN system and amateur radio's involvement with weather monitoring, observing, and reporting.  We will also explore the SKYWARN site and talk about how to sign up, get trained, and work SKYWARN nets.  We will also cover some related topics like APRS weather reporting, the Citizen's Weather Observer Program (CWOP), and anything else that seems relevant.

We will have our usual pre-meeting net at 6:00 PM MST on our club repeater at 223.960 MHz (negative 1.6 MHz offset, PL tone of 103.5 Hz).  If you do not have a radio with the 1.25m band, please consider purchasing one so you can participate in these nets, or talk to Stan about borrowing one from the club to experiment with.  If you have a radio but don't know how to set it up, bring it to the meeting and someone will help you figure it out.

I'm planning on trying to record this meeting (even though I still do not have a solution for Zoom at this time) and if successful will put the recording up on Youtube and on the web site (https://www.murrayarc.org/).  No guarantees, but we'll give it a shot.

Hope to see you all there!

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--