[marc-announce] MARC Meeting This Thursday!

  • From: Jan Peterson <jan.l.peterson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marc-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 00:34:29 -0700

Greetings, MARC Members and Friends of MARC!

This week, we will be discussing where we as a club go from here.  Our goal is to identify and plan for both beginner and advanced classes at an appropriate level so that all members of the club can get what they want to get from the club.  We have received some initial ideas and suggestions and these will be presented during the session, which will be more of a discussion than a class.  We encourage all members of the club to attend if you can as this will be setting direction for the future of MARC! If you can not attend in person, we will be running a Zoom session and will be encouraging participation via that route.  See below for the Zoom link.

The meeting will begin promptly at 6:30 PM on Thursday, January 19th.  We will be meeting, as usual, at Murray Fire Department Station #81, located at 4848 S Box Elder St (approximately 35 W). Prior to the meeting, we will have a brief "check-in" net on 147.600 MHz simplex (no tone or offset).  This frequency is the Murray SAFE-neighborhood frequency, and is found on the Standard Load as channel 31 (channel 31 is in the "club specific" portion of the standard load... if you are not using the MARC version of the standard load, you'll want channel 56).

The Zoom session will be found here:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81557035553?pwd=Q1NRRFNhUGxxL3Y4U1pHdldtUjIzZz09

Meeting ID:  815 5703 5553
Passcode:  amateur

If you need a Google Calendar invite for this meeting or information on joining the meeting via phone, let me know.

Once again, we encourage everyone to attend this meeting as it will be setting the direction for MARC education for the future. Your input will help us to make sure MARC is meeting the needs of its members at ALL levels.  Please join us if you can.

73 de KD7ZWV
  -jan-

--
Jan L. Peterson