[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:09:49 -0800

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 11:24 -0800, Jorge G. Mare wrote:
> Ideally, I would also like to see a fully open source Anthy, so that it
> can replace Canna. This would bring Japanese input in Haiku on par with
> Linux distros (they all use Anthy).
>
> If SHINTA were willing to open source all the code, then that would be
> possible; I have asked him, and waiting for a response. But if open
> sourcing is not possible (which could well be the case), then Anthy
> would have to be part of some sort of optional (language?) package. In
> this case, I would still leave Canna where it is, just in case.

Unfortunately, SHINTA prefers to keep his work closed source; this means
that replacing Canna with Anthy for Haiku at the source level is not
viable.

This leaves us with replacing Konatsu font with VL-Gothic, and then
having a post-installation Japanese language package. I will post a
ticket for the former, and let the JPBE guys handle the latter.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki