[haiku] Re: On Window Switching

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 22:41:10 +0530

> If only life was that easy. on Mac OSX it is CMD-C  (or Windows-C if you
> need a translation into PC-ese). Then I boot my imac into its Haiku
> partition and it is Option-C (Alt-C) You can switch them in keymap, and I do
> that when working in a VM, But the underlying problem is everybody doing
> their own thing and not alowing standards to be.

I, too, use a Mac as my main machine. I think I always map Alt to
Command when I'm using a PC keyboard with my Mac since they occupy the
same position on the keyboard. I might have to check again, though.

Also, IMO, a completely different keyboard layout is required for the
MacBook keyboard since it's almost, but not quite, not exactly similar
to a PC keyboard. (This makes using the MacBook with an external
keyboard a PITA. Mac keyboards are not available easily in India.)

--
Salut,
General Maximus