[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 17:45:21 +0100

On 2009-11-08 at 17:28:47 [+0100], PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't see how closed source apps would be part of our svn...
> If you want it part of the base system, it would better be licenced
> under MIT licence ...

"base system" is a bit fuzzy. IMO, the svn repository should only contain
open source software available as under a free license. Regarding optional
packages (or later packages installable via the package manager), closed
source software is fine by me, but I think I'd prefer our releases to
contain free software only, respectively at least make non-free software an
opt-in installation option.

CU, Ingo