[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:23:38 +0100 CET

>  * SJIS2UTF8 Tracker add-on:
>    This add-on enable us to see file names which are created with the
>    Japanese version of Windows correctly.
>    (Windows labels files in Shift-JIS encoding.)

And of course when they are on FAT there is no way to autodetect the
encoding used...

>  * unzip-nolatin :
>    Japanese is not Latin language...

What does this one have that is non-latin ?
are the messages translated or ?

>  * Elven Edit:
>    Simple text editor compatible with StyledEdit. Some features are
> added
>    (cf. BeBits)

We already have 3 editors by default (StyledEdit, Pe, vim er hmm nano
?)...
Maybe some of those features can be merged into StyledEdit ?
At least the translations can be adapted to StyledEdit maybe, now that
we have a locale kit.

>  * PonpokoDiff:
>    PonpokoDiff is a graphical file comparison utility which works
> under
>    BeOS/Haiku. (cf. http://code.google.com/p/ponpokodiff/ and
>    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/hironytic/e/352447a5cf004b05c3029bec3c15cfe4)

Oh I didn't know this one, I thought I'd have to finish porting Tk to
get anything like tkdiff :)

François.