[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:21:48 -0700

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 16:05 -0400, Matt Madia wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2009, at 3:46 PM, "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 18:12 +0000, Matt Madia wrote
> >> I'm envisioning some sort of build system variable, that can be
> >> evaluated inside the alpha-* (and nightly-*) profile rule. Inside of
> >> that evaluation statement, it would "AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages
> >> <JOPs>", tweak settings, copy additional files, etc.
> >
> > Asking out of total ignorance: in the context of the JOP, can't all
> > this
> > be already achieved using the existing OptionalPackages file?
>
> Sort of.  There's two parts.  First is adding the JOPs to the existing
> OptionalPackages file. This defines an archive as an OP.Then the
> part I mentioned above is for adding the package to the image. The
> build system variable could be something like a configure option "--
> include-JPBE".

> Thinking about it more, that evaluation statement probably needs to be
> done somewhere else. If it is only in ReleaseBuildProfiles, then
> building a basic haiku-image will lack the JOPs.

Please, bear with me, because I would like to understand this and I am
very ignorant of this things. The first part about adding the definition
to the OptionalPackages file is clear.

I am not sure I understand the second part though; isn't the
AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages directive in UserBuildConfig what is used
to add any of the optional packages defined in the OptionalPackages file
to a build?

/me wonders if there is a tutorial on how to create and add an optional
package for Haiku...

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki