[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 08:37:08 -0700

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 22:55 +0900, Eguchi Satoshi wrote:
> > I haven't tried Droid or VL-Gothic yet, but I can't say I like the
> > Konatsu font a lot. Is there any value in keeping it around compared to
> > VL-Gothic for JOP (besides having choice, of course)?
> Well,.. It is a difficult question.
> I prefer VL-Gothic to Konatsu, but I also think Konatsu appears cute to
> some Japanese people.
> So I'd like to keep both VL-Gothic and Konatsu.

Maybe VL-Gothic can replace Konatsu as the default Japanese font in
Haiku, and then Konatsu moved to a OP. That way Haiku gets a top-notch
Japanese font and the cost in terms of space is not that significant (it
would add about 2MB to the image). I think this would be a good
compromise.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki