[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:21:32 -0500

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am not sure I understand the second part though; isn't the
> AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages directive in UserBuildConfig what is used
> to add any of the optional packages defined in the OptionalPackages file
> to a build?

Yes and no, there are two possibilities: 1) Completely customize your
own build via UserBuildConfig, and 2) Use one of the release build
profiles by doing i.e. jam -q @alpha-raw which uses the alpha-raw
profile to build instead. These are what was listed in the second file
that Matt linked initially, and if I'm not mistaken he's referring to
which of the aforementioned profiles the JOP package would be added to
by default. This isn't relevant when doing your own custom build, but
does matter if you want the JOP to end up in the nightly images and
actual releases. Does that answer that?

Regards,

Rene