[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:29:13 +0000

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 13:36, Eguchi Satoshi <satoshieguchi82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> This is my first time to send to this ML.
> My English is rather limited, so I would appreciate your bearing with me.

Greetings, I am personally excited to see this email.  So, Thank You
for taking the time to write it.

> So, would you tell us
>  1) what type packages should be included in JOPs,

Any currently existing OptionalPackages that was not chosen to be part
of the alpha-* build profile -cannot- be included.  Examples are VLC,
NetSurf, OpenSound.

For R1/Alpha1, the list of existing OPs :
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/branches/releases/r1alpha1/build/jam/OptionalPackages

The list of OPs in the alpha-*  build profile:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/branches/releases/r1alpha1/build/jam/ReleaseBuildProfiles

I understand that currently, there are no official JapaneseOP.

My best guess as which ones could be accepted:
 * Software that is absolutely required for interaction.
    Fonts to display Japanese Characters
    Software that provides the necessary input methods.
    etc.

My best guess as which ones would not be accepted:
 * Software that is not required,
    eg, waku-WAK KARAOKE, FtpPositive

>  2) how to distribute applications which are attractive for the
> Japanese with Haiku
>     without creating the JPBE.net distribution like Basho?

Do you mean distributing a version of Haiku with the JapaneseOP  or
providing a way for japanese users to find additional software (like
waku-WAK KARAOKE)?

Once again thank you,

--mmadia