[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: Eguchi Satoshi <satoshieguchi82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:55:41 +0900

> I haven't tried Droid or VL-Gothic yet, but I can't say I like the
> Konatsu font a lot. Is there any value in keeping it around compared to
> VL-Gothic for JOP (besides having choice, of course)?
Well,.. It is a difficult question.
I prefer VL-Gothic to Konatsu, but I also think Konatsu appears cute to
some Japanese people.
So I'd like to keep both VL-Gothic and Konatsu.

> For R1/Alpha1, the list of existing OPs :
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/branches/releases/r1alpha1/build/jam/OptionalPackages
According to this list, we can export the following applications from
Basho to JOP;
 * Anthy

 * SJIS2UTF8 Tracker add-on:
   This add-on enable us to see file names which are created with the
   Japanese version of Windows correctly.
   (Windows labels files in Shift-JIS encoding.)

 * unzip-nolatin :
   Japanese is not Latin language...

Furthermore, I think the following applications could exported to OP
(not JOP);
 * Elven Edit:
   Simple text editor compatible with StyledEdit. Some features are added
   (cf. BeBits)

 * Text Bank:
   Text Bank provides useful texts such as clipboard's history, current
   date & time, template. you can quickly paste these texts. (cf. BeBits)

 * FtpPositive:
   A simple graphical ftp client for Haiku/ZETA (cf. BeBits)

 * PonpokoDiff:
   PonpokoDiff is a graphical file comparison utility which works under
   BeOS/Haiku. (cf. http://code.google.com/p/ponpokodiff/ and
   http://blog.goo.ne.jp/hironytic/e/352447a5cf004b05c3029bec3c15cfe4)

How do you choice Optional Packages?

Yours,