[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 18:23:29 +0100

> "base system" is a bit fuzzy. IMO, the svn repository should only contain
> open source software available as under a free license. Regarding optional
> packages (or later packages installable via the package manager), closed
> source software is fine by me, but I think I'd prefer our releases to
> contain free software only, respectively at least make non-free software an
> opt-in installation option.

"base system" would be what you get when building from svn trunk
without any optional package. So, Anthy could still be integrated to
releases and that's fine for me, but please consider open sourcing it
so we can take care of building it when we want to get an ARM version,
for example...

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
Elève ingénieur ENSSAT EII1- www.enssat.fr