[haiku] Re: Defining R1 Features (was Re: Will the WebKit browser be ready for Haiku R1 final?)

  • From: Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:11:20 +1100

I apologise in advance if this email seems a bit too harsh, but it does
convey a very important fact.

Haiku is not a Democracy - it will not satisfy the *wishes* of its
community, no matter how noble they may be and how popular the opinions are.
 Haiku is an Autocracy - the CORE developers (you know, the guys who slave
away during the evenings, weekends, who sacrifice a lot of things to make
Haiku happen) have the final say in what features will be developed, when
Haiku will be released, etc.

The only way members of the community can influence the decisions of the
Autocracy is to actually roll up their sleeves and through hard work become
a CORE developer.  Subvert from within, so to speak :)

Having said all that, Haiku release schedules happen whenever the core
developers say so.  Any other discussion about schedules is a waste of
electrons - including this post :)

Cheers.