[haiku] Re: Rethinking the Haiku Distro Guidelines

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:09:12 -0700

On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 21:03 +0000, Axel Dörfler wrote:
> The point would be that only releases are
> official Haiku versions - the nightly built images might be of poor
> quality that does not fulfill our standards. Mozilla does a very similar
> thing, and calls its beta/testing releases differently, and only the
> actual released (and unchanged) product can use the trademarked names.

I could have not seen the point that you are making now in the context
of trademark violations that you used in your previous email.

Anyway, using a codename for development milestones can be OK or even
desirable; but it does not have much to do with branding in the general
sense.

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki