[haiku] Re: Defining R1 Features (was Re: Will the WebKit browser be ready for Haiku R1 final?)

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:06:57 -0400

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Jason Dodson <mindchild@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> You must be mad... how many people do you think use/would use Haiku as a
> primary operating system to do anything meaningful? How about Syllable? What
> about ReactOS?

This number may not be a lot, but for all these systems I suspect it
is greater than zero.

> Fact of the matter is, these people you argue to cater to are almost none.
> And it will always be almost none until the work gets done. That won't
> happen when worrying about releasing at cycles for a non-existent userbase.

I think there is some consideration of the future here, and no matter
how small the userbase it is not crazy to consider releasing things
more often to make life easier for users. In fact many of the
developers are also users and even if we can easily build our own
Haiku from the latest code it would be nice to have a reasonably
stable version released fairly often.

--
Regards,
Ryan