[haiku] Re: Defining R1 Features (was Re: Will the WebKit browser be ready for Haiku R1 final?)

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:07:23 +0800

On 2009-10-13 at 13:21:05 [+0800], Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My opinion and suggestions.
>
> Yes, Haiku seems far along that the next release could likely be
> Beta1 rather than Alpha2.  Could decide this later on, in 4 months
> time from now & switch to Beta versions.
>
> Release cycle should be every 6 months (+ or - 1 month).

That's about the time span I had in mind too. Just not between alphas and
betas, but between final releases. After all, when starting from a stable
release it's more or less about 1. adding new features and 2. stabilizing
them to get to the next stable release. The R1 situation is a bit
different, since we don't have a stable release yet, but that's exactly why
I'm so much in favor of getting it done as soon as possible.

CU, Ingo