[haiku] Re: Defining R1 Features (was Re: Will the WebKit browser be ready for Haiku R1 final?)

  • From: Eddy Groen <eddyspeeder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 22:06:50 +0200

If Haiku could have something like Apple's Software Update, then that would
be excellent already.

Considering that my idea doesn't quite get the support I hoped for, here's
an alternative option:

One recent app I'm quite fond with is CNet's TechTracker (
http://www.cnet.com/techtracker/ ). It's a combinion of a a CNet profile
page listing the currently installed apps & version numbers, and a
lightweight app you can install on your system that shows just the updates
to existing software. This would mean you still get to choose where to
install your apps, as all this TechTracker does is tell you what apps have
been updated, leaving the downloading and installing entirely up to the
user.

Having such a (third-party!) way of updating would be great to be able to
keep track of installed software.

Eddy