[pure-silver] Re: Under exposed frame

  • From: "Rob Champagne" <app@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 01:16:23 +0000

I'm not surprised it printed OK since the high res scan seemed to have lots of
detail throughout the image.

I have used a clothes iron to dry mount and it works very well if you are
careful.

I used mine set on cool which works fine.   run a test print through the
process first just so you know what you are doing before committing your good
print to a trial.

run the iron over the mountboard first to remove any moisture which will be in
it due to normal air humidity.

then place print face on mountboard and run the iron over the back to flatten
and remove any moisture. Make sure that mount board has absolutely no dust or
tiny pieces of anything on it before doing this or it will leave an indentation
in the face of the print.

I cut a piece of fusion 4000  or dry mount sheet  just slightly smaller than
print size and using release paper iron it on to back of print. Again check for
dust etc before applying any pressure on print.

I then trim print edges in a rotatrim cutter so print now has dry mount
adhesive right to edges.

then position on mount board and using release paper iron it onto mount board.

you could use tacking method if prefered but since you can place print exactly
into position on mountboard and hold it in postion while ironing with other
hand its optional to do it that way.

just be careful that you don't put the iron down tilted onto its edge
(especially when print is hot) as it will put an identation into the print
which you won't be able to remove.

work from one end to the other through the center and then out to the edges
applying pressure evenly. This will push the air between print and board out to
edges. Make sure plenty of pressure is applied evenly to print to ensure it
sticks well.  Keep Iron moving over print slowly and don't leave it stopped in
any position while its on the print. Cooling will take place too quickly to
have bother with placing under a heavy weight.