[pure-silver] Re: Under exposed frame

  • From: "Tim Rudman" <ps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 13:47:07 -0000

There is no reason why you can't combine the 2 techniques Justine - split
grading and preflashing. The flashing will allow the paper to respond more
readily to the G.00  exposure (and also will lower the contrast).

It is very easy to work out how much to flash - you don't have to guess.
I'll send you off list a step by step guide that I use in workshops. It will
come as a Word attachment which is quite safe to open.

Alternatively, you could make a 'Lith print' ;-)
This will print high contrast in the shadows and low contrast in the
highlights.
It will be a warm colour but can be changed in selenium or gold, but not so
easily to neutral B&W - but you might find you like it as much (or more)

Tim