[pure-silver] Re: Under exposed frame

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:06:20 -0500

<quote who=Ryuji Suzuki date=[03/01/05 09:09 AM]/>

> Flashing the paper can only reduce highlight contrast. I don't think
> you want that, unless your base exposure requires very high contrast
> to render the main subjects with natural contrast, and it makes
> highlight too hard. This part is hard to tell because you didn't show
> the raw image, or explain the details of your photoshop
> manipulation. So I'm just giving one possibility.

    Ryuji,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I posted a full rez jpeg in a earlier post if you want to look at it.

    As stated, the problem is the prints are too dark. I have to really
stop the lens down and use very low times in order to get anything other
then complete black. When I do get real blacks.. say in the middle
girl's hair, the rest of the image is also near black with only the girl
on the right coming out with any detail.

     If I print for her eyes then I can't get any real blacks.

     That's essentially the problem in a nutshell.

     I have saved everyone's responses and I am going to try them all
and give a detailed description of what worked (hopefully) and what
didn't work.

     Anyhow, the goal is more to learn different techniques then it is
to get the print. But getting the print would be nice.

      I understand everyone has different ways of doing things and I
really don't want to stir up any arguments.. But I will definitely try
your method and I'll let you know how it comes out.

      Thanks Ryuji,

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca