[pure-silver] Re: Under exposed frame

  • From: "Gene Johnson" <genej2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 06:36:49 -0800

I could print this pretty much straight up.  The exposure's not that bad and
it's a nice scene. Your highlights and mids look fine.  The "problem" shadow
areas are a black dress in shadow and the inside of a fireplace in shadow.
I don't think there's much in those areas to get no matter what you do.  For
me, the hardest part is the face of the woman on the left.  Pre-flashing
might help get more detail there, but it might have an unwanted affect on
your highlights.  i might dodge that area a "little".  Not much more than
about 20% of the overall exposure time or it will get even muddier than it
already is.  That alone might be enough depending on how fussy you want to
be.