-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help,bluescreen yikes

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:26:21 -0400

Cristy,
    Sigh!!!  Your mind has it completely right and they did it wrong.  Your
system is NOT running in dual-channel mode and they absolutely should know
better than to sell you a single stick and put it in besides the older
memory that's already out of whack.  What was needed here is to remove all
older memory and "replace" it with a pair of matched sticks.  I have no idea
what you paid for their 'services', but I'll bet it was more expensive than
the memory available for your system at the newegg link I sent you.
:O(

    Sorry if I seem a bit ticked, but "Geeky Squad" appears to have struck
again.

Peace,
Gman