-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help,bluescreen yikes

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:47:47 -0400

Gman,

I bought more memory today and had "geeky squad" put it in for me as I could
not get the "bleeping" cover off the computer for one thing.  They did the
same thing I was trying to do to get it off, I just could not though.

I got frustrated with it, I was going to try to install it myself so I can
learn how to do it and not pay someone to do it for me.  Anyhow, I watched
him do it.  The guy had to ask another guy though about where to put it so
that had me not feeling so good.  Below is what Belarc tells me I  have now.
They are still not matched though are they?  How do I know now if they are
running on dual or single?  He told me as long as the new memory (1 gig) was
the closest to something in the computer that it would run dual or fastest,
I don't know.  Would the below be slots 1-4 with the top one being slot 1?
The memory was not cheap either.  But I am hoping this helps.  I cannot tell
any diff now.  I am going to be working on "tweaking" trying to disable some
things during start up and all that good stuff.

 BELARC REPORT:

Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 0' has 1024 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 0' has 256 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 1' has 256 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 1' has 512 MB

In my mind, matched pairs would be like this below?  Or would it?

Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 0' has 1024 MB
Slot' CHANNEL B DIMM 0' has 0 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 0 has 1024 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 0' has 0 MB