-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help,bluescreen yikes

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:33:17 -0400

Sigh!

Unfortunately, you stopped telling us about the error just when the good
stuff was coming up.  We need ALL of the coding from the errors in order to
figure out (as close as possible) what they indicate.  All BSOD's are STOP
errors and contain a set of error codes that follow the syntax below.

0x00000000 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

This is the most important part of the error other than the initial
description which can be almost anything such as
IRQ_NOT_EQUAL_TO_OR_LESS_THAN, or something written in a similar way with
all of those underscore characters.

You might still be able to tell us what it said by opening up your Event
Viewer and scrolling through the entries you find there.  Chances are good
that it would be inside the SYSTEM area.  To open Event Viewer, go to Start
 > Run, type in eventvwr.msc and press ENTER.

Peace,
Gman