-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help,bluescreen yikes

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:50:27 -0400

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc

I have questions about this memory info you're showing.  First, where did
you copy this info from?  It doesn't appear to be anything that you found at
the PC maker's website.  Second, since you showed two different things, I
have to wonder if one of your sticks is not seated properly as it registered
only one out of the two instances below.  If that's true, you're in for all
sorts of problems until it's seated correctlyinto the mainboard.  Third, I
am curious about the arrangement of these 3 sticks as I think it may be
imposing an unnecessary limitation on their performance.  I will look up
your system and see if that last concern has any merit since it depends on
whether or not your board supports dual-channel memory.  I will then offer a
suggestion or three on the idea of upgrading the RAM.  Finally, it appears
as though there's twice the amount of Virtual Memory than what is needed.
Did you make the change to "System managed size" like I suggested?

Peace,
Gman