-=PCTechTalk=- Re: all in 1 fax printer coperiers and scanners?

  • From: "Larry Southerland"<larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:43:44 -0400

Assuming that you are not doing high-volume copying, etc. Brother makes some
wonderful inexpensive laser MFC (multi-function centers).  I had an HP
several years ago (it was an Inkjet model at $499).  It was the worst piece
of crap that I've ever owned.  I had to replace the print heads 4 times in
less than 2 years (@$180 each time) plus it used the timing-out cartridges
where, if you didn't use the ink by a certain time, the ink would "expire"
and no longer work.  Also, the HP software was HP-specific, using JSP
formats instead of pdf, etc.  Try to get a copy of Paperport with your MFC.