-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help,bluescreen yikes

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:15:42 -0400

Cristy,
    With the audio editing you're doing, you should really have at least 2GB
in your main system.  It might not speed things up a ton, but it'll take
away a LOT of bottleneck issues.  IF they're installed in dual-channel mode,
then you WILL see things speed up quite a bit.  See the Memory area below
for some visual info specific to your mainboard on this.

http://tinyurl.com/cyrut

    Yes, and he also moved one of the original sticks from its factory
location, so, even if you remove the extra stick, it still won't functionin
dual-channel mode until the other two sticks are installed on the same color
slots.

    If both systems use the same type of memery, I would consider taking the
sticks you pull out of this one and installing them in the older one.
Depending on how many open slots it has, start with the largest capacity
spare first.  Of course, both systems MUST require DDR for there to be any
chance of this working.

Peace,
Gman