-=PCTechTalk=- Re: turning off some services at startup not working

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:17:35 -0400

Cristy,
    Uninstall the Earthlink software and AdAwareSE.  It should have no
effect on your dial-up settings or newer AdAware and will free up a lot more
than just stopping them from starting up with your system.  The firewall
should have been turned off by ZA when that was installed.  To check go into
Control Panel and bring up the Firewall applet.  If it's still running for
some reason, you can turn it off there.  Best of all, you don't have to mess
with your Services to accomplish any of this.          :O)

Peace,
Gman