-=PCTechTalk=- Re: turning off some services at startup not working

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 22:58:30 -0400

Cristy,
    If you actually said "I'd like to add 1 Gig of memory to this computer",
then they sold you the wrong thing and should be completely responsible for
the blunder.  If you said "I'd like to add a 1GB stick of memory for this
computer", then YOU were the one making the mistake.  The fact that HE
picked out the memory to be installed is the strongest thing you have going
for you here.

    Yes, they should have looked up the model of the system and then told
you that the memory for that system needs to be installed in matched pairs.
He could have then asked you what types of things you do with your system
and then explained that it would be to your benefit to go with two 1GB
sticks instead of just two 512MB sticks to allow for the extra needed muscle
those programs demand.  Once the case was opened and he saw that there were
an odd number of sticks in there, he could then have told you that you're
going to love the difference in how speedy the upgrade is going to feel,
pulled the old sticks, placed them in a zip lock bag and handed them to you
to keep as spares.  All of the extra words used would have taken up an
additional two minutes of his time, the Geek Squad reputation is bettered by
at least one tech, you'd tell all your friends providing them with even more
business, everyone would have been happy and you wouldn't be dealing with
this situation.

Peace,
Gman