[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 11:47:41 -0800

Craig wrote:
> Can ANYONE cite even one example of harm that has occurred from the
> recent warming over the past decade?

For a start, how about the melting of the arctic ice pack and the
increasingly warming oceans which resulted in the loss of viable wildlife
habitat and a reduced population of many species such as Salmon, Polar
Bears, Orca Whales, Oyster, Coral Reefs. etc, etc.

For what it's worth I've attached two URLs that addresses the ocean warming
issue. However, Craig being an avid "Denier", I await his next round of "new
Science" and it's resulting obfuscation.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/080618143301.htm

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070308220426.htm

> Articles that wring hands about the harm caused by global
> >warming do not by themselves show that we cause it or how we can fix
> >it.

Generally you first identify a problem and then devise a fix; this seldom
happens simultaneously.

Dale