[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:51:27 -0500

At 7:29 AM -0500 11/13/08, Tom Barry wrote:
I can't prove anything about long term climate change but it is obvious humans can have a dramatic effect upon their environment as population density increases. For instance in this country the air is observably different around any major city, to the naked eye, or nose.

At least in that sense it is silly to claim we can have no effect.

Yes, it is very easy to demonstrate local climate effects - just look at the images of the Earth at night. Funny that in the U.S. this imagery has very strong parallels with the county by county vote for President in the recent election. perhaps the best way to recude human effects on the climate would be to move all of these people out of the cities...

But remember, the climate over the vast majority of the Earth's surface is not affected by human activity, at least directly.