[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:55:29 -0800

Yes, I read your postings with great interest. The Blogs have little or no
veracity: their conclusions are not even substantiated by their posted data.
You simply can not make a valid case regarding climate change or most other
natural phenomena, by cherry picking short term data*, which they do. Yes,
the arctic ice has thickened slightly in 2008, relative to 2007 (the lowest
year in recent history), but it remains at a very low level compared to the
charts base line level. How about inspecting your own data before attempting
to build a case.

*see Cliff's recent postings.

Professor Easterbrook's study very graphically documents that warming and
cooling cycle do occur naturally at an almost sinusoidal rate but then his
study is incorrectly used in attempts to invalidate global warming concerns.
The irrefutable facts are: in concert with the natural warming and cooling
cycles, the global mean temperature is steadily rising: Each high is warmer
that the previous high and each low is warmer than the previous low and the
past fifty years has seen rapid changes in the mean temperature baseline.
This rapid temperature increase could at least partially be fueled by human
activities and dozens of scientific agencies/universities and thousands of
scientist's worldwide, believe this to be the case and Mr. Hansen of NASA
cannot have corrupted them all.