[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:04:21 -0500

Dale Kelly wrote:

> Generally you first identify a problem and then devise a fix;
> this seldom happens simultaneously.

Yes, I agree with the sentiment. My issue has always been with the fixes
the Al Gores of the world are pushing.

You know how in old movies, when a guys wife is having a baby, the
midwife always dispatches the husband to go get boiling water?

That's what's happening here. Keep that guy (or the population) busy
doing something that might be useless, just so they have the sense that
they are helping.

Although, on a more positive note, it's probably very true that if we
limit CO2 enough, we would return mankind to living in the stone age.
And therefore by definition, the impact of humans on the environment
would be no different from that of any other species.

Or there might really be something we dump into the environment in
significant amounts, that is in fact exacerbating this global warming.