[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 10:21:34 -0500

At 7:04 PM -0500 11/8/08, Albert Manfredi wrote:
Saturday evening rambling.

The potential for harm from WSDs is even more easily demonstrated.

As is the potential for valuable new service that can share the spectrum.

We have to start somewhere. It is unconscionable to keep this spectrum tied up protecting a service that is used only by a small fraction of the population.

Similarly, human involvement in global warming might very well be true. Possibly, the stats show that somehow somewhere, we are exacerbating it. But obsessing over CO2, when we contribute such a small fraction of that gas compared with the rest of nature? Show me what we are doing that causes harm, then, so we have a hope of fixing it. Articles that wring hands about the harm caused by global warming do not by themselves show that we cause it or how we can fix it.

Good points.

Can ANYONE cite even one example of harm that has occurred from the recent warming over the past decade?

Sorry, but increased levels of CO2 is not harmful...just more nutrients for plants.

Regards
Crag