[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:47:21 -0800

All forms of electricity involve transmission lines; but of course, there is
no known health risk from those.

The same can't be said of wind farms.  You're just now hearing of the
effects of wind farms on nearby folk?  Funny, I've been hearing of that for
a year or so shy of three decades.  It's one of the reasons why wind farms
-- like those around Palm Springs, CA -- are removed from human habitation.
The issue is noise (sound and electrical) and vibrations.

The problem with beaming down electrical power isn't the fact of the
beaming, since the reception sites would be removed from human habitration,
but what happens when the beams are mis-aligned.

Nuclear energy is of course the best solution, even with the disposal issue.
It's pollution is rather confined.

John Willkie