[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:52:41 -0800

Then, it will be interesting to see if there are any "positive" effects of
the current economic downturn, as pertains to the environment.  I'm willing
to bet that it's unmeasurable.

If we want to cool the planet, all we need to do is to permit industrial
plants to emit sulphur dioxide, like they once did.  That cuts down on solar
heat transfer, and I suspect the almost elimination of this pollutant over
the last 30 or so years has permitted more efficient binding between sun and
sea.

Of course, none of the "enviros" will even consider that.  We could strike
up a few dust storms in the desert, as well.

I'm not saying that we should; I think it's a good idea to minimize the
footprint that individual humans leave on the planet.

John Willkie