[opendtv] Re: What does it take to convince

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:01:40 -0800

> By the way, doesn't the climate change all the time?

Yes indeed, see the research from Easterbrook posted by Craig. He makes the
case that climate change is predictably cyclic in nature. Add to that the
random events such as major volcanic activity or meteor strikes and the
climate can vary widely and quickly.

> Have humans always been in control of this?  More likely,
> they have never had much if any of an impact.

I can't disagree with you or prove otherwise but I do suggest that the human
dynamic has changed sufficiently over the past 60 years or so that the
potential for climate change based upon our activity has become an issue.
After all, the world's population has increased dramatically during that
period as has our industrial activities. I don't know that this has impacted
the climate but it certainly should not be dismissed given that warming has
increased dramatically over the past 50 years.

Dale