[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: tennant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Tennant Stuart)
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 02:39:39 +0000

On Mon  5 Mar 2007 (09:15:58 +0000), Paul Vigay wrote:

>Hence my quick introductory article on RISCOS.org (to which I welcome
>any comments as to accuracy etc).

Thanks.... I've been trying to use your notes to get Firefox 2 running.

Firstly, I've seen nothing in any prior documentation about needing ELFloader,
nor does the program complain that it's missing. Nevertheless, I've downloaded
and installed the specified module - and it makes no difference whatsoever.

BTW, describing the !Boot.Choices.Boot directory as the Boot:Choices directory
is not helpful to users who need their hands holding, and nothing is working.

Secondly, I'd already done the profiles thingie thanks to advice on this list;
since that doesn't work I hoped yours would be better, but yours is empty.

Thirdly, the example you give of Firefox starting up is too tiny to read even
on a 22" monitor, and converting & enlarging the PNG just makes it blurry.

However, that doesn't matter since when my Firefox 2 starts up, it doesn't do
anything like yours: it sulks because it can't logon to the Mozilla site, and
setting it to work offline makes no difference - no certificate, no welcome
screen, no close button, no icon bar icon. Just a bleak cycle of retrials.

Tennant Stuart
--