[iyonix-support] Re: Problem installing Firefox-2-r2

  • From: root <mistymornings@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 20:46:56 +0100

In message <2e4bd9bc4e.trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello
(mailed and posted)
>After abandoning attempts to use earlier versions due to instability I
>have just tried again with firefox-2-r2 in my Iyonix of March 2006
>vintage (OS 5.11)
>firefox-2-iyonix-r1 would load but seriously unstable. firefox-2-r2
>will not load at all. Immediately after clicking on the unzipped icon I
>get a perpetually running short page of code.
Try installing FF2 release 1 first.

Set up FF2 rel 1 as you want it (select a download folder etc using the
Preferences Menu and other things you want different to the standard
settings).

Quit Firefox 2 rel 1 from the Menu within Firefox. Find the folder
/mozilla in UnixHome.

Copy this to !Boot.Choices and rename to mozilla (without the leading
slash). I'd do a precautionary reboot, just to be sure.

FF2 Rel 2 *should* now start up properly.

HTH
Stan

--
Stan Williams &